Swamp Circus: Circus skills workshop
Watch this Space for details of upcoming camps in 2023
Workshops will be running on the following dates:
Date: 17th and 31st August 2022
Age range: 7-13 years old.
COST: The cost of the workshop will be £30 per day.
Bookings for this will go live on the website on Friday 1st July at 1200.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Juggling balls, clubs, scarves
• Flower Sticks
• Spinning plates
• Stilt-walking (hand-held for beginners and strapped-on stilts for advanced)
• Pedal – Go
• Feathers for balancing practice
• Hula hoops
• Tight-wire (free-standing rig, 50 cm from floor)
• Acrobatic balancing
• Exploring the art of circus and theatre performance
The Benefits of our circus skills Workshops
• Builds trust between participants.
• Develops confidence in expressing oneself.
• Helps to raise individuals self esteem and positive thinking attitudes.
• Participants will improve their physical awareness, motor skills, balance and co-ordination skills, especially hand-eye coordination.
• Our sessions encourage and develop co-operation, group work and team work.
• We actively encourage Peer-to-Peer teaching and Skill-Sharing amongst participants.
• Promotes concentration.
• Promotes patience.
• Develops communication skills: one-to-one and within a group (especially oral, presentation and listening skills)
• Practices interpersonal skills.
• Workshops are a great stepping-off point to develop individual and group creativity and imagination.
• A sense of adventure – trying something new.
• Accepting a challenge.
• To let go of tension, make mistakes and laugh at oneself.
• We breakdown seemingly difficult tasks into small achievable steps which aid the development of problem solving skills.
• We like to teach in a fun and accessible manner which engages people of all ages and abilities.
ABOUT SWAMP CIRCUS
Swamp Circus has been running circus skills workshops since 1986 for people of all ages and abilities.
The Circus Arts can be seen as Art – physical expression as theatre and spectacle, performance skills, an art combining with dance, theatre, music, stunts; inspires creativity and imagination, creation of kinetic artworks, patterns of colour.
SUPERVISION/HEALTH & WELFARE:
Experienced staff will supervise children throughout the day. All employees are required to have passed a DBS check before being employed with the programme. They are responsible for the health and welfare of all children. If a child is feeling unwell, the staff will contact the parent or guardian as soon as possible.
We give instructions on the safe use of each item of equipment. Some of the equipment is potentially dangerous – e.g. Rola-Bola, Unicycle – and we limit access to this equipment until sufficient training has been given and the basic skills have been learned and tested by the tutor.
CHECK IN/OUT INFO
Children should arrive at the Sir Ben Ainslie Sports Centre for registration between 0830-00900. All children should be collected from the Sports Centre between 1645-1700. If you need to collect you child earlier please let us know. If you collect your child/children after 1700 there will be a £5 charge per child.
WHAT TO BRING
Comfortable shoes and clothes
Snacks if required and drinks bottle.